Finn dinghy sails
WB-Sails developed a whole new Finn sail concept based around the MAXX fabric by Contender. MAXX makes a very smooth and adjustable sail. It has proven to be versatile and easy to use in all kinds of winds, and longer lasting than the radial designs.
Max Salminen, winner Gold Cup 2017 at Balaton.
Image courtesy Robert Deaves
Our Finn sail models:
- NEO: A powerful all-purpose sail, for world class & olympic sailors. More forgiving in choppy seas than the Classic. Shapewise, the NEO is a bit rounder in the upper leech than the Classic. With softer battens in light winds, the leech can get very rounded, but can be straightened up with stiffer battens in a breeze.
- NEOMARK: A slightly flatter version of the Neo sail, preferred by smaller world class & olympic sailors weighing less than 95 kg.
- Classic: A powerful sail for light & medium winds, for world class & olympic sailors. Excels in light to medium airs and flat water. Often completed with the BMARK or Panther for heavier winds, but used in all winds by many strong & experienced sailors. Always cut in the golden yellow, all Aramid MAXX.
- BMARK: A slightly flatter version of the Classic sail, preferred by smaller world class & olympic sailors weighing around 90 kg. Many use it also as a hard wind sail to complement the Classic.
- Tiger: An easier to hang down, all purpose sail, very popular amongst masters. More open leech, a less physical sail than the Classic.
- Panther: A heavy air version of Tiger, in all black MAXX with a 1,5 mil film. Often the second sail choice for masters, extremely robust and long lasting.
Pls. note that we are constantly developing our sails, and there may be variations without notice in the models above .
Finn sail prices 1.11.2019
1 630 € incl. VAT, within EU
1 315 € ex. VAT outside EU
Ex. works in Helsinki. Pls. add 50 € for shipping by priority post
within EU. The terms are payment by bank transfer or credit card prior to shipping, the delivery time is usually less than 3 weeks, often less than 2 weeks.
- glued on sail, countries availability depends on stock 60 €/pair
Hard wind batten set
- For Neo. incl. 7 battens, to replace the 2 topmost soft battens
with stiffer ones in winds over 15 kn. Extra cost 25 €
To order, please fill in the Finn order form.
Studies about the Finn
Simulating sail forces when free pumping. You can read the related article here
A look at the Finn under the water: A study about the Finn hydrodynamics at the Finnclass.org page.
The scientific Finn: Although outdated, this article from 1995 describes our approach to sail development (will open in a new window).
Finn sail and mast dynamics: A look at the dynamics of the Finn rig - published in Finn Fare April 2012.